Salads: Flower Power
Celebrating the joy and color of edible flowers.
Alugbati & Butterfly Pea Salad
Pluck the leaves off the stems. Toss with dressing of your choice and feel free to add other delights like talinum, pipino (wild cucumber), and other edible flowers.
Talinum & Oxalis Salad
Pluck the talinum leaves off the stems and serve with purple oxalis leaves (the ones that look like butterflies 🦋). Toss in other available produce like cherry tomatoes, pipino, and more edible flowers. Finish off with your favorite dressing.
Dressing idea: Turmeric Vinaigrette by Chef Asha Peri
- Virgin coconut oil, 2 tbsp
- Vinegar or lemon, 1 tbsp
- Coconut nectar or sugar, 1 tbsp
- Fresh chopped turmeric, 1/2 tbsp
- Minced garlic or shallot, 2 small pieces
- Salt or coconut aminos, 1/2 tbsp
- Black pepper, 1/8 tbsp
Talinum & Cucumber Salad
Pluck the talinum leaves off the stems. Toss in sliced cucumber and your favorite edible flowers. Drizzle with some delicious Sunshine Dressing, which is tart and savory -- tastes familiar and surprising at the same time!
- Calamansi, 3 pcs
- Patis, 1/2 teaspoon
- Cashew vinegar (or vinegar of your choice), 1/2 teaspoon
- Half a garlic clove, finely chopped
- Half a small red onion, finely chopped
- Pinch of black pepper